Friday 26 October 2018

Show Not Tell





The Sea.
The sun shines down on the sparkling blue water. The warm water attracts fish. Birds fly around and cry through the silence of the morning sky. Small waves rest upon the sandy shore. Sunblock sticks tight to my skin as I jump into the water. I swim down deep and pressure hurts my head. I look around, the reef is full of colour. I don’t have enough air so I head to the surface. I break the surface and feel the heat of the air.Image result for blue water

We are learning to write to show pictures in people's heads. 

3 comments:

  1. Hello Liam, Thank you for the privilege of reading your thoughts. I am impressed by the choice of vocabulary in your writing words such as attracts and surface which are very precise. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liam my name is Akram from Red hill school. I liked how you described breaking through the surface and feeling the hot air on your face. I thought that birds cry every time. thank you for giving me some knowledge. Tank you for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Akram for your comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.